< placeholder >
USAF Nurse Anesthesia
American Association of Nurse Anesthetists
American Society of Anesthesiologists
- I am 40 something years old.
- I am a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist.
- I was an ICU nurse for 3 years before I went to anesthesia school.
- I have been doing anesthesia since I graduated Nurse Anesthesia school in 1993.
- I really love doing anesthesia for many reasons.
- I get to wear pajamas (scrubs) at work everyday.
- I have to do very little paperwork.
- If I get a mean or grumpy patient they go to sleep faster and they don't wake up until after I have left the recovery room!!!
- In December of 2004 I retired from the Air Force after 20 years.
- During my Air Force Career we were stationed at Grand Forks AFB North Dakota for three years. It gets really cold there with lots of snow.
- I also got to spend 3 months in Saudi Arabia where it gets really hot.
- I like colder places better than hot places.
- For 20 years I could not have a beard so now I have one.
- There is too much gray in my beard and hair.
- At least I have hair on my head even if it has lots of gray.
- On Thumper's Blog I am known as the Spouse Thingy
- On Max's Blog I am the Man.
- On Buddah's Blog I am the Dad.
- Thumper and I have been married for over 23 years.
- When I turned 40 Thumper did not trade me in for two 20s like she had said she would.